Monday, January 9, 2017

Reading List 2016

For the last few years, I have been trying to keep a reading list. Sometimes things slip through the cracks, but for the most part I keep a pretty good record. There hasn't been much done in the way of reading this last year,  but I still kept my list. It's hard to find the time to do much reading while attending college (lots of reading for school!), working two jobs, and dealing with rough emotional terrain. I love reading and sometimes forget how much it does for me. My goal for this year (not a resolution!) is to spend more of my free time reading and less distracting myself on the computer. So without further ado, here is my underwhelming reading list 2016:

Flight Behavior by Barba Kingsolver
The Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson
Practice of the Wild by Gary Snyder
In the House Upon the Dirt Between the Lake and the Woods by Matt Bell
Scrapper by Matt Bell
Pax by Sara Pennypacker
Tinker by Paul Harding
Sing Down the Moon by Scott O'Dell
Gold Fame Citrus by Claire Vaye Watkins
Wild Form and Savage Grammar: Poetry, Ecology, Asia by Andrew Schelling
The Quick and the Dead by Joy Williams
Get Into Trouble by Kelly Link
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
Maddaddam by Margaret Atwood
Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
The Small Backs of Children by Lidia Yuknavitch
Mr. Gwyn by Alessandro Baricco
Dora by Lidia Yuknavitch
Ecotopia by Ernest Callenbach

No comments:

Post a Comment